The Malerkapelle (Painters' Chapel) was built around 1900 as a funeral chapel und in 1997 re-established as an artist's workshop and cultural centre for encounter.
We are still working on writing up the full history of the chapel and will add to this section with further information and images.
The Förderkreis Malerkapelle (Society for the promotion of the Painters' Chapel) is a charitable art club whose purpose is to further cultural and artistic activity in the region by establishing a forum for artists and art lovers alike in the chapel building.
1st chairman is artist Jürgen Kuck.
2nd chairman is artist Lino Heissenberg, who functions as the club's artistic director and curator.